DALLAS, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first image sensor receiver IC to serve as a dedicated LVDS bridge between image sensors and processors. Compared to existing FPGA-based solutions, the SN65LVDS324 lowers the bill-of-materials (BOM) by 20 percent, reduces system power consumption by more than 10 percent and shrinks package size by 50 percent. It provides full HD, 1080p60 image quality in a host of video capture applications, including surveillance IP cameras and video conferencing systems, as well as industrial, consumer and professional video recording equipment. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/sn65lvds324-pr.
Key features and benefits of the SN65LVDS324
- Optimized solution for sensor-to-processor interface: As a dedicated bridge for video streams between HD image sensors and processors, the SN65LVDS324 lowers BOM costs by up to 20 percent compared to existing FPGA-based solutions.
- Dedicated sensor-to-processor interface: In 1080p60 system implementations, the SN65LVDS324 typically consumes less than 150 mW, reducing system power consumption by more than 10 percent versus current FPGA solutions.
- Smallest package size: Dedicated function provides a 50-percent smaller package than current FPGAs.
- Excellent video resolution: Supports a wide range of resolutions and frame rates, up to 1080p60-full-HD to maximize system performance.
The SN65LVDS324 is an extension of TI's popular FlatLink™ and FlatLink™3G serial interface technology, which reduces the number of signal lines used for synchronous parallel data bus structures with no loss in data throughput. It is also optimized to work with a variety of processors, including TI's OMAP™ and DaVinci™ processors for video applications.
Availability, packaging and pricingThe SN65LVDS324 is available in a 4.5-mm by 7-mm, 59-ball PBGA (ZQL) package. Suggested retail pricing in 1000-unit quantities is US$2.65. Learn more about TI's FlatLink 3G portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order SN65LVDS324 samples: www.ti.com/sn65lvds324s-pr.
- View the SN65LVDS324 video.
- Download the SN65LVDS324 datasheet.
- Engineers designing with the SN65LVDS324 can also ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the TI E2E™ Interface Community.
- Follow what TI signal chain experts have to say on our blog: Analog Wire.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV