Laila Ali Appointed Spokesperson For Kids' Healthy Mouths Campaign By The Partnership For Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives And The Ad Council
NEW YORK, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Laila Ali, athlete, health advocate and mom, has been announced as the new campaign spokesperson for the Kids' Healthy Mouths public service advertising (PSA) campaign. The campaign, developed by the Ad Council and a coalition of more than 35 leading dental organizations (The Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives), sheds light on the importance of children brushing their teeth – a basic task yet constant struggle for many parents.
Dental decay is the most common chronic childhood disease with more than 16 million kids suffering from untreated tooth decay in the U.S. Launched in August 2012, the English and Spanish-language multimedia campaign jokes about the silly things children spend their time doing when they could take 2 minutes, twice a day to brush their teeth.
"Not only can poor dental health affect children's overall health, it also can lead to significant school hours missed," said Gary Price of the Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Health Lives. "We are so pleased to have Laila on board to help elevate the importance of kids' oral health among parents and caregivers so that we can get more kids brushing properly, resulting in fewer cavities and oral pain."Through a series of social media and public relations efforts, Laila Ali will extend our "Tooth To-Dos" to parents nationwide. These oral health tips include the following: 1. Make sure your kids brush with fluoride toothpaste for 2 minutes, twice a day.
- Use a pea-sized dab of fluoride toothpaste for kids ages 2 to 6, and use slightly more when they're older. Teach them to spit out the toothpaste when they're done so they don't swallow it.
- For kids younger than age 2, use a soft toothbrush and a little water; no toothpaste is necessary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV