Frontier Communications Corp Class B (NASDAQ: FTR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.30%. Frontier Communications Corporation, a communications company, provides regulated and unregulated voice, data, and video services to business, residential, and wholesale customers in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.00. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Frontier Communications Corp Class B a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Frontier Communications Corp Class B has been 9,971,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Frontier Communications Corp Class B has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are down 8.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Frontier Communications Corp Class B as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $392.19 million or 30.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.01%.
- 44.90% is the gross profit margin for FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FTR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 41.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $42.25 million to $24.88 million.
- You can view the full Frontier Communications Corp Class B Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts