4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
Ellington Financial (NYSE: EFC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 12.50%. No company description available. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.64. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ellington Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Ellington Financial has been 128,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ellington Financial has a market cap of $502.3 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Ellington Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 1357.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.70 million to $24.79 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ELLINGTON FINANCIAL LLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ELLINGTON FINANCIAL LLC increased its bottom line by earning $5.32 versus $0.61 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 43.6% in earnings ($3.00 versus $5.32).
- The gross profit margin for ELLINGTON FINANCIAL LLC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.30%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 148.82% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Ellington Financial Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV