NY Feb. Jobless Rates Little Changed From Year Ago
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) â¿¿ Officials have released preliminary data showing the unemployment rate in upstate New York was 9.2 percent in February, unchanged from a year earlier, while the New York City metro area rate dropped to 8.6 percent from 9.1.
The state labor department statistics released Tuesday show the rate in upstate metro areas virtually unchanged at 8.8 percent and at 10.4 percent in rural areas.
The rate in New York City was 9.2 percent, compared to 9.8 percent last year.
Tompkins County had the lowest rate at 5.8 percent while Lewis County had the highest, 13 percent.The statewide unemployment rate was 8.4 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV