DALLAS, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) is demonstrating its commitment to the communities it serves by hosting an array of women-focused activities throughout 2013. The Company champions diversity and inclusion and the causes that matter most to its Customers and Employees.
"Southwest Airlines is proud of our commitment to women. We partner with nonprofit organizations that focus on ways to celebrate women and the important contributions they make to our businesses, communities, and daily lives," said Ellen Torbert, Southwest Airlines' Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion. "Through our community partnerships, we were able to help them celebrate Women's History Month in March, but we will continue to honor women throughout the year by celebrating the impacts women make in our communities and ensure bright futures for our female youth."
To celebrate women in March, Southwest was proud to sponsor the Friends of the San Francisco Commission on the Status of Women's "Women Making History Awards" reception. During the city hall awards ceremony, Mayor Ed Lee's office, District Attorney George Gascon, and each of the Board of Supervisors presented an award to an outstanding woman within their respective districts.
Additionally, Southwest provided complimentary travel for African American women to develop their leadership skills through a year-long educational and mentoring program led by the National African American Women's Leadership Institute.Southwest proudly gives back to women in the communities we serve: April | Dress for Success Worldwide, Something to Share Gala, New York Southwest Airlines proudly supports the Something to Share Gala where 1,000 of Dress for Success' friends and supporters gather to honor the transformation of clients into empowered professional women who excel in their careers and personal lives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV