Texas' Rusty Hardin & Associates Wins $10 Million Settlement In 18-Wheeler Death
HOUSTON, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Attorneys from Houston's Rusty Hardin & Associates, LLP, recently negotiated a $10 million settlement for the heirs of Juan Campos, a 51-year-old Houston welder who died when a trucker fell asleep while driving a loaded 18-wheeler and crossed over the center line before demolishing Mr. Campos' car and forcing it into a ditch.
The law firm team, which included investigator Jim Yarbrough, prepared a frightening and tragically sad video by interviewing witnesses who saw the accident and Mr. Campos' extensive injuries, including remarks from Mr. Campos' family about their memories of a beloved husband and father. Mr. Campos died at the hospital after what paramedics and the attending doctor described as Herculean and excruciatingly painful efforts to drag his broken body from the heavily-damaged vehicle in an attempt to get him help.
"This was a heart wrenching case, and we are extremely proud to have secured such a significant settlement for Mr. Campos' wonderful and saddened family," says Mr. Hardin, founder of the firm and a recent honoree in The National Law Journal's list of The 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America.The video prepared by Rusty Hardin & Associates included a sheriff's deputy who interviewed the truck driver who was responsible for the 2012 crash in Jackson County. The driver admitted he was working so many hours that he fell asleep shortly after leaving a plant with a fully loaded truck. In the same video, Mr. Campos' children all recalled their memories of their fun-loving father who liked fishing, motorcycles, singing and spending time with his family. "That video still gets to me every time I watch it, but it feels good to help clients in a tough situation like this," says Mr. Galatas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV