Ford Foundation Appoints Achmat Dangor To Lead Its South Africa Office
Mr. Dangor has published five works of fiction and poetry, including "Kafka's Curse" and "Bitter Fruit," which was short-listed for the Man Booker Prize for Fiction. His work has been translated into five languages and was brought the U.S. in 1999 by Random House.
"I am deeply honored to lead the Ford Foundation's work and to continue the strong legacy in the region working to promote rights and equality," Mr. Dangor said. "I look forward to advancing the case for justice and inclusion throughout the region on issues driven by visionary leadership committed to social change."
For nearly 60 years the Ford Foundation has worked in the South African region to promote justice and strengthen democracy. The foundation is working on initiatives to build sustainable livelihoods and economic opportunities, advance social and economic rights and address the HIV epidemic. By supporting efforts to strengthen transparency and accountability in governance the foundation engages civil society organizations to advocate on behalf of the marginalized and underrepresented.
Mr. Dangor will begin his new position in July 2013. He was selected after a broad international search.The Ford Foundation is an independent, nonprofit grant-making organization. For over 75 years it has worked with courageous people on the frontlines of social change worldwide, guided by its mission to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty and injustice, promote international cooperation, and advance human achievement. With headquarters in New York, the foundation has offices in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. SOURCE Ford Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV