Ford Foundation Appoints Achmat Dangor To Lead Its South Africa Office
A Renowned Visionary for Justice and Human Rights
NEW YORK, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Ford Foundation today announced the appointment of Achmat Dangor as head of its Office for Southern Africa, which is based in Johannesburg and serves South Africa, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
Mr. Dangor is a globally renowned leader for social justice who as a writer, poet and advocate for human dignity has lent a strong voice to the cause of freedom. He is currently the CEO of Nelson Mandela Foundation, extending Mandela's vision and legacy through the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory and its focus on dialogues for justice.
Highly respected as a problem solver and human rights advocate, Mr. Dangor has worked in various sectors in South Africa, including as the founding executive director of the Kagiso Trust, leadership of the Secretariat of the Drought Forum, and time spent as a senior executive for Revlon Inc.'s South African subsidiary. At the Kagiso Trust he worked alongside Archbishop Desmond Tutu and other political and church leaders to establish the largest black-led foundation in South Africa."Given the incredible accomplishments of Achmat, we are honored to have his leadership at the Ford Foundation as a champion for democracy and freedom," said Ford Foundation president Luis Ubinas. "As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of our office in Johannesburg alongside South Africa's own 20 th anniversary as a democracy, Achmat is the perfect leader to help the foundation envision its next generation of work in support of democracy and justice in the country." Prior to joining the Nelson Mandela Foundation in 2007, Mr. Dangor was Director of Advocacy, Communications and Leadership at UNAIDS. Prior to that he was Interim Director of the World AIDS campaign and Chief Executive of the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV