IKaaz Launches Cost Effective 'Tap & Pay' Reader For Mobile POS
SEATTLE, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
iKaaz, a leading provider of secure mobile payment solutions, has launched a new 'Tap & Pay' reader to enable cashless transactions based on NFC (Near Field Communication) technology. With the help of NFC, iKaaz is making mobile payments faster, convenient and more secure. The concept has not taken off in many countries due to the high cost of NFC terminals and NFC-enabled phones. With a disruptive new technology, iKaaz has broken this crucial cost barrier and has released a cost effective NFC reader for merchants.
iKaaz's proprietary NFC Reader can be plugged into to any mobile phone to convert it into a mobile POS (point of sale) device and is priced at less than US$ 20. In order to engage the consumer ecosystem, iKaaz offers consumers an NFC Sticker priced at less than US$2 that convert any mobile phone into an NFC-enabled phone. Consumers can now make payments with just a simple tap on the merchants NFC reader.Speaking about the use cases, Soma Sundaram, CEO of iKaaz, explained that the iKaaz NFC reader can be used for retail payments, transportation, entertainment and numerous other touch points, to enable cashless payments. iKaaz NFC stickers can be associated to the mobile wallet and can reside either inside or on the backside of the mobile phone. iKaaz states that "iKaaz NFC transactions are highly secure since it supports multi-factor authentication". The company also reported that the iKaaz platform is currently processing at the run rate of over 800,000 transactions per month, in less than three months since launch. Soma said, "There are several factors that have led to this amazing response. I believe we have managed to create the right product at the right price point using the latest technologies."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV