PHILADELPHIA, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC) is pleased to announce the acquisition of pectin-related intellectual property developed by Vigido AG, a subsidiary of UniPektin Ingredients AG and the former exclusive marketer of the pectin products of Pectine Italia S.p.A., a company whose pectin business FMC acquired last year.
The acquisition of Vigido AG's pectin know-how and customer data significantly strengthens FMC's pectin portfolio with expertise in marketing and R&D knowledge. Vigido AG products previously marketed under the brand name VIDOPECTINE will now be available from FMC BioPolymer.
"This acquisition enriches our expertise and capabilities in natural-based food ingredients," said Mary T. Clarke, General Manager, Food Ingredients, FMC BioPolymer. "For our pectin business, Vigido's pectin market and application knowledge and formulation experience complements our existing strength in manufacturing and our more than 65 years of experience in the food industry, to solidify our position in the pectin market."Adding the Vigido know-how to FMC's newly acquired pectin business provides FMC BioPolymer with:
- Enhanced ability to serve a wide range of low pH food applications
- A broader product line with which to provide customized food ingredient solutions
- Easier access to many customer applications for the pectin produced in our Milazzo™ pectin facility in Italy
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts