Access to Health CareAs the health care landscape continues to change, the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust is committed to funding programs that provide communities greater access to health care and medical services. Grants totaling more than $680,000 will support a wide range of services from wellness programs for military veterans to breast screenings for underserved woman. The California Schools Health Centers Association will use its grant to open three school-based health centers which will serve thousands of students in low-income communities in the Oakland area.
Coordinated CareOf the $2.1 million, more than $285,000 will support programs that are implementing coordinated care for children with disabilities. By combining all medical and treatment services into one comprehensive plan, coordinated care can be highly effective, yet expensive. The May Institute was awarded a grant by the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust to expand access to effective treatment of autism for children in military families and to improve the coordination of their care.
Early InterventionMore than 25 percent of American children under the age of five are at risk for developmental delays or behavioral problems. Every year, 1.45 million children who are at risk for go unidentified and nearly as many children are eligible for early intervention services, but never receive them. More than $400,000 will support programs that are responding to the need of early intervention services for children, including the Marcus Autism Center which was awarded a grant to implement eye-tracking technology to diagnose children with autism earlier, thereby creating greater opportunities for early intervention services.
InclusionBy ensuring that all children, regardless of ability, have access to similar childhood experiences without segregation or differentiation, inclusion services are instrumental to a child's successful growth and development. The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust is providing grants totaling more than $780,000 to expand inclusive opportunities for children of all abilities to be able to learn, play and succeed side-by-side, including a grant to the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago to support adaptive sports programming for disadvantaged youth of all abilities.In addition to the grants awarded by the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, CVS Caremark provided more than $3 million in 2012 to support a variety of programs focused on making a positive impact in local communities, including:
- Nearly $600,000 in support of national partnerships with Easter Seals, VSA and Boundless Playgrounds that are focused on making a positive impact in the lives of children with disabilities.
- More than $550,000 to Pharmacy Schools for scholarship programs to support talented students.
- $475,000 to provide college scholarships to children of CVS Caremark colleagues.
- $150,000 in support of the CVS Caremark Volunteer Challenge Grant program which allows colleagues to apply for a grant on behalf of a non-profit organization they volunteer with.
- $130,000 to help aid disaster relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy, Hurricane Isaac, Tropical Storm Debby and Mid-Atlantic floods.
- $100,000 to the United Way of Rhode Island to support the BrightStars initiative which helps to give families in Rhode Island access quality child care, early learning and school-age programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV