WOONSOCKET, R.I., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, a private foundation created by CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), announced today that $2.6 million in grants has been awarded to 66 non-profit organizations across the country to provide them with much-needed funding. The new grant recipients were chosen through the 2012 CVS Caremark Charitable Trust's annual grant cycle. The awarded grants align with CVS Caremark's purpose of helping people on their path to better health and focus on initiatives supporting access to health care and children's programming.
To advance the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust's efforts to improve the quality of health and well-being of underserved populations, grants were awarded to support innovative approaches that increase access to health care for underserved populations – including support for mobile health innovations that bring health care services to locations where people need them most.
Grants also align with CVS Caremark All Kids Can, a signature program of the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust and CVS Caremark, that is committed to helping children of all abilities to be the best that they can be by increasing access to specialized medical and rehabilitation services, and providing inclusive opportunities for physical activity, play and social enrichment."We are excited to help deserving non-profit organizations with the funding they need to create healthier outcomes in their local communities in 2013," said Eileen Howard Boone, President, CVS Caremark Charitable Trust. "All of the non-profit organizations we support share our purpose of helping people on their path to better health, and we are honored to recognize the important work they do to make a difference in the lives of children and families in the communities we serve." Funding from the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust will support the following key areas:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV