Our Region, Our Move: CivicAction To Host April 17 Forum
TORONTO, April 3, 2013 /CNW/ - In two weeks, CivicAction will kick off the next phase of its Your32 regional transportation campaign at a gathering of 300 Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area business, government, and community leaders.
"With Metrolinx's Investment Strategy being tabled on May 27 and their newly released shortlist of proposed investment tools, we have a historic window of opportunity to solve our growing gridlock crisis," said Mitzie Hunter, Chief Executive Officer of CivicAction. "We've seen that civic leaders and the public care deeply about this issue and it's time to chart the course forward."
Delegates attending the CivicAction Forum: Our Region, Our Move will deliver feedback to Metrolinx and to governments on what it will take to earn the public's trust and maximize the impact and benefits of transportation expansion in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
"Our transportation system has been chronically underfunded for decades, and by 2013 there will be three million more people living in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area along with an additional 1.5 million cars on the road," said John Tory, Chair of CivicAction. "Today's congestion affects our health and our quality of life. Through our campaign, people have told us that traffic congestion keeps them from spending time with loved ones and from taking better care of themselves."The Forum will open with an address by Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne. Speakers and moderators represent leading voices in business, government, academia and the not-for-profit sector. They include:
- His Worship John Henry, Mayor, City of Oshawa
- Ms. Jennifer Keesmaat , Chief Planner, City of Toronto
- Mr. J. Robert S. Prichard , Chair, Torys LLP and Chair, Metrolinx
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV