Uptime Institute Names Winners Of Prestigious 2013 Green Enterprise IT Awards
NEW YORK, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Uptime Institute, a division of The 451 Group, today announced the winners of the 2013 Green Enterprise IT Awards, which recognize pioneering advancements that significantly improve energy productivity and resource use in IT.
The 2013 GEIT Awards winners are:
- Audacious Idea: TeraCool LLC
- Facility Design Implementation: National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), The RMH Group and H+L Architecture
- Facility Design Innovation: TD Bank Group
- Facility Product Deployment: University of Leeds, Iceotope and 3M Company
- Facility Retrofit: Interxion
- Green Digital Infrastructure Strategy: Cisco Systems
- IT Product Deployment: Arc Productions and TSO Logic
- IT Retrofit: Avnet, Inc.
"Our honoree complement includes 30 organizations associated with 19 case studies and spans eight countries this year," said Matt Stansberry, Program Director of Uptime Institute Symposium and Director of Content and Publications for Uptime Institute.
Uptime Institute also announced the following 2013 GEIT Awards Finalists:Microsoft (Audacious Idea); Melbourne Water and Norman Disney & Young (Facility Design Implementation); TELUS Corporation and Skanska (Facility Design Innovation); Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and SynapSense Corporation (Facility Product Deployment); Schuberg Philis and De Vlieg Techniek (Facility Retrofit); Avnet, Inc. (Green Digital Infrastructure Strategy); NTT DATA and Intel® Corporation (IT Product Deployment); and Stanford University (IT Retrofit). In addition, the following organizations received an Honorable Mention in the 2013 GEIT Awards competition: QTS (Quality Technology Services) (Audacious Idea); University of St. Andrews, IT Services (Facility Design Implementation); and eBay, Winter Street Architects and AHA Consulting Engineers (Facility Design Innovation). The 2013 GEIT Awards are sponsored by Sabey Data Centers. Entries were thoroughly reviewed by an international committee of independent judges using a double-blind process and criteria. "This year's entries have included an impressive mix - from unique innovations to excellent project executions - and as always the rigorous process that we go through at the GEIT Awards has allowed us to pick the very best from an outstanding collection of entries." - Martin Bradley, GEIT Awards Judge and Head of European Data Centre Engineering and Operations, Morgan Stanley The recipients will be honored at Uptime Institute Symposium in Santa Clara, California, on May 13-16, 2013, where they will share experiences and insights with industry peers through case-study presentations. Uptime Institute Symposium is the most influential all-stakeholder thought-leadership conference serving the global data center industry. The theme for Uptime Institute Symposium 2013 is The Global Digital Infrastructure Evolution. IT and data center thought-leaders and innovators from around the world will meet at the Santa Clara Convention Center to consider the present and future state of the Digital Infrastructure, as well as strategies on how to best evaluate the alternatives and make the best decisions for their organizations within this rapidly changing environment. The GEIT Award winners' case-study presentations are scheduled throughout Symposium. This year's Symposium features three tracks, which are tailored to the three primary professional roles responsible for managing and influencing this Digital Infrastructure Evolution: Senior IT Executives, Data Center Management and Operations, and Data Center Designers / Engineers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV