JEFFERSON, La., April 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stewart Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq:STEI) reported today that its Board of Directors increased the annual cash dividend on its Class A and Class B Common Stock by 12.5% to $0.18 per share, compared to the previous $0.16 per share. In addition, the Board declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.045 per share payable on April 29, 2013 to holders of record of Class A and Class B Common Stock as of the close of business on April 15, 2013. This marks the third consecutive year in which the Board has increased the dividend.
Thomas M. Kitchen, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "The Board's decision to increase the cash dividend reflects its continued confidence in our solid balance sheet, our ability to consistently generate strong cash flow, and the continued positive momentum in revenue growth. The Board last increased the dividend rate in March of 2012. This represents a 50% increase in our dividend rate in the last two years." It also continues to be the Board's intention to periodically re-evaluate the Company's dividend policy for potential increases in the future. The declaration of quarterly dividends is at the discretion of the Board of Directors and will depend on the Company's financial results, cash requirements, future prospects and other factors deemed relevant by the Board.
Founded in 1910, Stewart Enterprises, Inc. is the second largest provider of products and services in the death care industry in the United States, currently owning and operating 217 funeral homes and 141 cemeteries. Through its subsidiaries, the Company provides a complete range of funeral and cremation merchandise and services, along with cemetery property, merchandise and services, both at the time of need and on a preneed basis.
CONTACT: Lewis J. Derbes, Jr. Stewart Enterprises, Inc. 1333 S. Clearview Parkway Jefferson, LA 70121 504-729-1400
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV