April 3, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Many organizations big and small have problems with reducing waste and inefficiencies. This is especially true in healthcare where delivering quality patient care is a constant balancing act with controlling costs. Published in the new Spring catalog from
– ranked the #1 Regional University in the North for 20 consecutive years by
U.S. News & World Report
– the exclusive article, "Why the Healthcare Industry Needs Six Sigma" outlines the many successful outcomes that are possible with Six Sigma implementation in a healthcare setting. Topics covered include:
- Correcting healthcare errors and inefficiencies from misfiling paperwork to drug delivery mistakes
- Six Sigma tools that apply to different situations, including the DMAIC approach and DMADV methodology
- Six Sigma success in healthcare, including the case study of a healthcare provider that saved more than $3 million within the first five years of Six Sigma implementation
Widely recognized as a leader in Six Sigma training online,
's new Spring catalog also features a variety of Six Sigma course offerings that can help prepare professionals for Six Sigma certification, including Black Belt certification.
Certificate Programs Prepare You to Improve Processes in Your Organization:
Master Certificate in Six Sigma – Healthcare
Master Certificate in Six Sigma – Information Technology
- Learn to solve the unique problems found in healthcare – from small, rural clinics to large metropolitan hospital systems – using proven Six Sigma techniques.
Master Certificate in Six Sigma – Financial Services
- Discover how Six Sigma has evolved from manufacturing use to one that can be applied across an entire organization, including software and systems development.
Advanced Master Certificate in Lean Six Sigma
- Understand how to enhance risk management and overall efficiencies (for financial professionals).
Master Certificate in Lean Enterprise Solutions
- Expand your influence and organizational impact by earning both an Advanced Master Certificate in Lean Six Sigma and Lean Master Black Belt certification.
- Learn to use the core concepts of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to make better business decisions. Students will have the option to specialize in either healthcare, financial services or Information technology.
"Six Sigma is a proven methodology that eliminates waste and reduces defects, resulting in more efficient processes, better patient care and a stronger bottom line," explained
Daniel S. Munson
, CQE, CSSBB, Senior Director of Six Sigma Programs, Master Black Belt and a member of
's online Six Sigma faculty. "
of all sizes are using Six Sigma practices to improve every aspect of their operation."
Powered through University Alliance technology,
's Six Sigma programs provide students with 24/7 access to instructor-led courses with a 100% online classroom that includes streaming video lectures, live chat rooms, two-way voice over IP, instant messaging and virtual whiteboards.
To read the entire Six Sigma in healthcare article, and to learn more about
's e-learning programs in Six Sigma and other in-demand fields, download the catalog at
, or call toll-free 855-300-1473 to speak to an enrollment representative.
About Villanova University
's Augustinian Catholic intellectual tradition has been the cornerstone of an academic community in which students learn to think critically, act compassionately and succeed while serving others. There are more than 10,000 undergraduate, graduate and law students in the University's five colleges – the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the Villanova School of Business, the College of Engineering, the College of Nursing and the
School of Law. As students grow intellectually,
prepares them to become ethical leaders who create positive change everywhere life takes them.
U.S. News & World Report has
as the #1 Regional University in the North for 20 consecutive years.