OAKLAND, Calif., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, announced today new metrics that were reached in the month of March 2013.
- Listener hours for Pandora during the month of March 2013 were 1.49 billion, an increase of 40% from 1.07 billion during the same period last year.
- Share of total U.S. radio listening for Pandora in March 2013 was 8.05%, an increase from 5.73% at the same time last year.
- Active listeners were 69.5 million at the end of March 2013, an increase of 36% from 51.2 million during the same time period last year.
Pandora is releasing key audience metrics on a monthly basis to provide the most current information regarding Pandora's users and usage across platforms.
Beginning with the March 2013 metrics, Pandora will report monthly U.S. radio listening market share data on a trailing 28-day basis as of the end of the month (whereas previous reports were based on a trailing 7-day basis as of the end of the month). The new 28-day trailing methodology will provide a more accurate reflection of Pandora's monthly market share. Comparative data for previous time periods (in this case, March 2012) will be revised for consistency of presentation.ABOUT PANDORAPandora (NYSE: P) gives people music and comedy they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song, or genre. The Music Genome Project ®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora ® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of more than one million tracks. Tens of millions of people turn on Pandora every month to hear music they love. www.pandora.com SOURCE Pandora
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV