The expensive deals with the studios? They get a lot cheaper when you know that the guy on the other side isn't desperate, as Rocco says Netflix is now. At this moment, the balance of power is shifting from the studios to Netflix as more successful productions, like The Walking Dead, need you to get started by "Binging" through the history of the show. Knowing that your back isn't to the wall when you are negotiating with Time Warner (TWX) is a beautiful thing.
Oh, and let me parse something else Rocco said: "
Now, given that Netflix was up 100% in the first quarter, I believe it can come down. And if it wants to stay independent, it should do a monster equity offering that would help it refinance the debt on its own. No sweat.
But that's all the more reason why Microsoft should swoop in now before Mister Softy's quarter. And to hear Reed Hastings conduct the Microsoft conference call, even in his own quirky way? That would be a heck of a lot better than anyone who is doing the investor relations now.This is a match so made in heaven it would even rattle Apple (AAPL), if anything can rattle that hobbled giant. I have been saying for months now that Apple needs to do something to jolt itself into the social and mobile world. Buying Netflix will do that. If it doesn't act now, Microsoft can make its move and restore the luster it once had among investors and, most of all, users. Action Alerts PLUS , which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV