REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Genomic Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: GHDX) today announced that the clinical trial results validating its biopsy-based Oncotype DX® prostate cancer test will be presented by investigators from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) in an oral session at the American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting on May 8, 2013 in San Diego. The presentation will also include the results of previously conducted development studies lead by Cleveland Clinic where researchers evaluated more than 700 patients and 700 candidate genes to select the genes for this test.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60932-genomic-health-clinical-trial-results-oncotype-dx-prostate-cancer-test-aua
The Oncotype DX prostate cancer test is designed to address one of the most significant needs in men's health by providing physicians and patients with a new way to assess the aggressiveness of a man's prostate cancer to enable a better informed course of care.AUA Oral Presentation Details:
- Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 8:00-10:00 a.m. Pacific Time
- Oral Presentation: "Development and validation of the biopsy-based genomic prostate score (GPS) as a predictor of high grade or extracapsular prostate cancer to improve patient selection for active surveillance" (Abstract #2131)
- Presenter: Matthew R. Cooperberg, M.D., Assistant Professor of Urology; Epidemiology & Biostatistics, UCSF
- Session Title: Prostate Cancer: Markers (I)
- Location: San Diego Convention Center, 111 W. Harbor Drive, Room 1