Legrand Beautifies The Light Switch With Adorneâ¿¢, A Collection Of Switches And Wall Plates That Creates A Luxe Design Statement
WEST HARTFORD, Conn., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With few and forgotten milestones marking the history of the household light switch—the toggle switch invented in the 1900s and the paddle switch in the 1960s - Legrand is on a quest to reinvent this essential home product with the launch of adorne, a distinctive line of switches, dimmers, outlets, and wall plates.
Building upon four years of research in the American market, adorne's groundbreaking light switches open a new chapter for the homeowner, interior designer, and do-it-yourself enthusiast. The collection's compelling design, innovative technology and simple installation advance the light switch into a meaningful consideration in the home renovation process. By May 2013, adorne will be available in select lighting showrooms and home improvement stores nationwide.
"Historically, consumers and designers haven't given their light switches a second thought - if anything, they were more concerned with hiding them," said Mario Gonzalez, vice president of marketing for the adorne Collection. "Extensive research tells us that homeowners and the architecture and design community are ready for something new and different. Through the launch of adorne, Legrand is enabling consumers to give the same level of design expression to their light switches as with all other decorative products in the home."Achievements in Technology The truly astounding switch portfolio features seven models, each providing a unique on/off activation and user experience. Standout products in the line include:
- The Touch™ Switch uses capacitive touch technology to control lights. Its stunning translucent face operates just like an iPod ®.
- The Wave™ Switch activates lights with the wave of a hand.
- The SensaSwitch™ turns lights on and off when people enter or leave the room.
- The Pop-Out™ Outlet is popped out when needed, providing three outlets, and pushed back in to fit flush to the wall when not in use.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV