PHOENIX, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- U-Haul International, Inc. introduces its U-Haul Kids Program today , which will provide two unprecedented resources to full-time and part-time U-Haul Team members alike: First, free access to doctor consultations for common childhood illnesses for any children 12 and in their care - 24/7, 365 days a year; second, any medications prescribed through the consultation are also free and to be paid for entirely by U-Haul.
U-Haul, like many other companies, had to take a fresh look at the challenges faced by its team members and their families in the wake of a myriad of changes in the health-care system. The U-Haul Kids Program was designed under the Company's philosophy of Improving Life – Work Balance . Many U-Haul Team members are caregivers for young children, and often struggle to balance work and home life.
"When you are caring for a sick child, the balance you strive to create between your work and personal life is always affected, and this can be very stressful," stated Edward "Joe" Shoen, chairman, U-Haul International, Inc. "The U-Haul Kids Program will provide our families with quality, timely, affordable care for their children."The program gives U-Haul Team members the opportunity to speak with a board-certified physician regarding a child at any time and at no charge via telephone or internet video chat. No more waiting for the doctor's office to open, or sitting in the waiting room amongst fellow patients with potentially contagious conditions, or waiting in long lines for an urgent care/emergency room visit, as access to a virtual doctor is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Plus, any medication prescribed during the consultation will be paid for entirely by U-Haul.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV