BURLINGTON, Mass., April 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coronado Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:CNDO), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel immunotherapy biologic agents for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and cancer, will be hosting an analyst event on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at 8:00 AM EDT in New York City. The meeting will focus on the development of TSO ( Trichuris suis ova or CNDO-201) for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. The meeting will feature presentations by experts in the fields of immunology, inflammatory bowel disease, autism, psoriasis, and type 1 diabetes.
Physician expert speakers will include:
- David E. Elliott, M.D., PH.D., James A. Clifton Chair of Gastroenterology and Director of the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Eric Hollander, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Director, Autism and Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Program, Montefiore Medical Center and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Joshua R. Korzenik, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and the Director of the Brigham and Women's Hospital Crohn's and Colitis Center
- Mark G. Lebwohl, M.D., Sol and Clara Kest Professor and Chairman, Department of Dermatology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Desmond Schatz, M.D., Professor and Associate Chairman of Pediatrics, Medical Director of the Diabetes Center and Director of the General Clinical Research Center, University of Florida
The analyst event is by invitation only. For information on attending the event, please contact Nicole Burchette at email@example.com.The event audio and slide presentation will be webcast live and archived on the Company's website. The webcast will be available at www.coronadobiosciences.com on the Events & Webcasts page. About Coronado Biosciences Coronado Biosciences is engaged in the development of novel immunotherapy biologic agents. The company's two principal pharmaceutical product candidates in clinical development are: TSO ( Trichuris suis ova or CNDO-201), a biologic for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and multiple sclerosis; and CNDO-109, a biologic that activates natural killer (NK) cells, for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML), multiple myeloma and solid tumors. For more information, please visit www.coronadobiosciences.com . The Coronado Biosciences, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=13033 Forward-Looking Statements This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such statements include, but are not limited to, any statements relating to the company's product development programs and any other statements that are not historical facts. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could negatively affect our business, operating results, financial condition and stock price. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those currently anticipated include risks relating to the results of research and development activities, uncertainties relating to preclinical and clinical testing, our ability to attract, integrate and retain key personnel, financing and strategic agreements and relationships, the early stage of products under development, our need for substantial additional funds, government regulation, patent and intellectual property matters; our dependence on third party suppliers and competition, as well as other risks described in our SEC filings. We expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in our expectations or any changes in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based, except as required by law.
CONTACT: Lucy Lu, MD, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Coronado Biosciences, Inc. 781-652-4525; firstname.lastname@example.org Marcy Nanus, Vice President The Trout Group, LLC. 646-378-2927; email@example.com Susan Forman Dian Griesel Inc. 212-825-3210; firstname.lastname@example.org