Award-Winning 1 "Brandes Scholarship Program" Call for 2013 Now Open from Coast-to-Coast for Ten $1,000 Tuition Scholarships
Brandes Investment Partners & Co. President: "Encouraging Canada's Youth to be Money-Smart to Help Carry Tomorrow's Economy."
TORONTO, April 3, 2013 /CNW/ - Canadian students 16-22 years-old are invited to discover their inner money personality starting today. The award-winning Brandes Scholarship Program kicks off a second year of offering ten $1,000 cash scholarships to youth who demonstrate insights into financial literacy. In 2012, the Brandes Scholarship Program received an overwhelming response, with more than 3,500 essay submissions across the country - with winners from Nova Scotia, Alberta, Ontario and British Columbia. (Visit www.brandesscholarship.ca to meet the 10 winners and read the winning essays from 2012.)
The annual scholarship opportunity is accessible through www.brandesscholarship.ca and is designed to impart lifelong lessons in financial literacy that will help young Canadians as they move into their earning (and saving) years. The Brandes Scholarship Program guides students through a quiz to discover three aspects of their money personality:
- Are they spenders or savers?
- Are they risk-takers or risk-avoiders?
- How interested are they in financial things?
- Call for submissions (in English and French): March 31, 2013
- Close of submissions: July 2, 2013
- Open to all Canadian students 16-22 years of age
- Students are asked to discover their money personality by completing a short quiz and;
- Write a 400- to 600-word essay explaining what they learned about their inner financial self
- Ten winning essays will be selected, and each winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship towards tuition
- Winners will be announced by August 15, 2013 after judging by a panel of qualified financial professionals