Canadian Students Enthusiastic To Find Inner Money Personality
Award-Winning 1 "Brandes Scholarship Program" Call for 2013 Now Open from Coast-to-Coast for Ten $1,000 Tuition Scholarships
Brandes Investment Partners & Co. President: "Encouraging Canada's Youth to be Money-Smart to Help Carry Tomorrow's Economy."
TORONTO, April 3, 2013 /CNW/ - Canadian students 16-22 years-old are invited to discover their inner money personality starting today. The award-winning Brandes Scholarship Program kicks off a second year of offering ten $1,000 cash scholarships to youth who demonstrate insights into financial literacy. In 2012, the Brandes Scholarship Program received an overwhelming response, with more than 3,500 essay submissions across the country - with winners from Nova Scotia, Alberta, Ontario and British Columbia. (Visit www.brandesscholarship.ca to meet the 10 winners and read the winning essays from 2012.)
The annual scholarship opportunity is accessible through www.brandesscholarship.ca and is designed to impart lifelong lessons in financial literacy that will help young Canadians as they move into their earning (and saving) years. The Brandes Scholarship Program guides students through a quiz to discover three aspects of their money personality:
- Are they spenders or savers?
- Are they risk-takers or risk-avoiders?
- How interested are they in financial things?
- Call for submissions (in English and French): March 31, 2013
- Close of submissions: July 2, 2013
- Open to all Canadian students 16-22 years of age
- Students are asked to discover their money personality by completing a short quiz and;
- Write a 400- to 600-word essay explaining what they learned about their inner financial self
- Ten winning essays will be selected, and each winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship towards tuition
- Winners will be announced by August 15, 2013 after judging by a panel of qualified financial professionals
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV