Sony Launches Media Cloud Services Company To Revolutionize Production Workflows
CULVER CITY, Calif., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Corporation of America today announced the launch of Sony Media Cloud Services, a new subsidiary that will give creative professionals a virtual workspace with revolutionary media applications to store, share and manipulate content from any location in the world.
Leveraging Sony's end-to-end expertise across the media landscape, the new company's robust, scalable cloud platform, Ci SM (pronounced see), will provide studios, broadcasters, filmmakers, independent producers, marketing teams and other creative individuals a "one-cloud" solution to collect, produce and archive high-value, high-definition content, allowing fast and secure collaboration on a global scale.
"Every day, creative professionals around the world spend numerous hours and resources on non-creative tasks like moving and sharing content, figuring out how and where to store it, and getting the right assets to the right places and in the right hands," said Naomi Climer, President, Sony Media Cloud Services. "Sony understands these complex challenges, which is why we designed Ci as a functionally rich, scalable and secure, media-focused cloud platform that can enhance and streamline traditional production workflows to make it easier to collaborate more effectively and cost-efficiently."
"The efficiency and flexibility that cloud solutions provide will radically change the way creative professionals collaborate," said Chris Cookson, President, Sony Pictures Technologies. "Working with Sony's Cloud Services team to further enhance Ci's platform and applications will enable our production and distribution teams around the world to work together more efficiently, without sacrificing creativity or quality."Forged from Sony's proven ability to solve real-world production and post-production challenges, Ci has been designed with intuitive capabilities to analyze complex media and data to enable machine-assisted workflows—making it one of the industry's most innovative media solutions available to professionals at any level. Pay-as-you-go pricing, infinite scalability, application-based servicing, all from a secure browser-based user interface, make it simple for people to assemble teams online, work on projects and access files from locations around the world. Applications available at launch include:
- Ci MediaBox: Collects, organizes, previews, shares and archives every media type and size using studio-designed cloud storage solution suite
- Ci VideoLog: Enables logging of frame-accurate events to prepare content for downstream opportunities, distribution and playout automation
- Ci AudioSync: Utilizes analysis algorithms and audio pattern matching to reduce non-creative editing work time in content-preparation workflows
- Ci FrameMatch: Analyzes media files to automatically identify differences and likenesses between two sets of video files
- Ci ReviewApprove: Enables review, annotation and collaboration on media files across multiple locations in real time, simultaneously
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV