Most Americans Have Dined Out In The Past Month And, Among Type Of Cuisine, American Food Is Tops Followed By Italian
NEW YORK, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eating out can mean anything from a quick breakfast sandwich picked up at the drive through to a celebratory dinner at the swankiest restaurant in town. Restaurant choices can be driven by passion for food, convenience or the simple fact that you're famished and this is the place you're closest to "right now." But the simple fact is – Americans dine out. A lot.
Looking at specific restaurant types, over three in five U.S. adults (64%) have dined at a fast food restaurant chain in the past month and just over half have dined at a local casual dining establishment (54%) and a casual dining restaurant chain (52%). Fewer have dined at either a local fine dining restaurant (18%) or a fine dining restaurant chain (9%), while only one in ten Americans (10%) have not dined at any of these types of restaurants in the past month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV