THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Today, Aegon N.V. published the agenda for its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) to be held on Wednesday, May 15, 2013. As part of this agenda, shareholders will be asked to reappoint Mr. Shemaya Levy as member of the Supervisory Board and to appoint Mrs. Dona Young as a new member of the Supervisory Board, both for a four-year term. It is also proposed to appoint Mr. Darryl Button to the Executive Board for a four-year term, succeeding current CFO Jan Nooitgedagt.
A further agenda item addresses the agreement between Aegon and Vereniging Aegon regarding the conversion of Aegon's preferred shares, of which the Association is the sole owner. Upon conversion, all of Aegon's preferred shares will be exchanged for cash and common shares. This proposal includes amendments to the Articles of Association.
During the Shareholders Meeting Aegon's Supervisory Board will also propose to appoint PwC as the new independent auditor for the Annual Accounts 2014 through 2016. This recommendation is the result of a competitive tender process that Aegon conducted, consistent with sound corporate governance principles. For the Annual Accounts 2013, the proposal is to reappoint Ernst & Young as the independent auditor.More information about all agenda items is contained in the agenda for the AGM, which is available on Aegon's corporate website aegon.com. ABOUT AEGON As an international life insurance, pensions and asset management company based in The Hague, Aegon has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Aegon companies employ approximately 24,000 people and have millions of customers across the globe. Further information: aegon.com. Media relations Greg Tucker +31(0)70-344-8956 email@example.com Investor relations Willem van den Berg +31(0)70-344-8305 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV