Fourteen-year-old Angel Yin Qualifies For Kraft Nabisco Championship
STUDIO CITY, Calif., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Fourteen-year-old Angel Yin of Arcadia, Calif. fired a 5-under par 67 Tuesday on the Arnold Palmer Course at Mission Hills CC to win the 2013 Kraft Nabisco Legends Junior Challenge. The event teamed 30 of Southern California's top female junior golfers with LPGA legends for an inspirational round of golf. With the win, Yin was awarded the final playing spot in this week's Kraft Nabisco Championship.
"I'm very excited, this is pretty cool," said Yin. "It's one of my favorite tournaments to watch because the winner gets to jump in the pond at the end. I just want to get out there and have fun and experience what it's like for LPGA players."
Yin, who was the second-youngest player in the field, proved experience doesn't always matter, carding seven birdies en route to her 5-under par round. She was coached by World Golf Hall of Fame Member Donna Caponi, who was participating in the event for the second-straight year."Angel was beyond impressive out there today," said Caponi. "When I was 14 I could barely dress myself, let alone go out there and play golf like she can." Caponi's knowledge of the course proved helpful for Yin, who turned to her coach, who is a Mission Hills CC member, multiple times during the round for advice. Caponi helped Yin read the greens on multiple occasions, and also talked with her about what type of approach to take on certain shots. "Without Donna I would have missed a few of those putts, so I definitely need to thank her," said Yin. "I was kind of nervous, playing with a legend walking next to me, but I got to ask her about her career and she taught me a lot just by telling me about her own professional experiences."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV