BTB Announces The Acquisition Of An Industrial Building
MONTREAL, April 2, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - BTB Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX: BTB.UN) (" BTB") is proud to announce that, after the conclusion of the due diligence process, it has purchased an industrial property in Laval, province of Québec, for the purchase price of $11 million excluding closing costs. With the conclusion of this acquisition, BTB has now closed approximately $502 million worth of properties representing over 4.4 million square feet of leasable area.
3695 des Laurentides Boulevard, Laval, Québec
This industrial property, dedicated to the production of medicinal products, has a leasable area of approximately 57,600 square feet. It is well situated at the intersection of Highway 15 and Highway 440, within ten minutes of Montreal's International Airport. This property is fully-leased to Pharmetics.
About BTBBTB is a real estate investment trust listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. BTB is an important owner of properties in eastern Canada. BTB owns 67 commercial, office and industrial properties for a total of more than 4.4 million square feet. BTB's asset value is approximately $530M. The objectives of BTB are: i) to grow its revenues from its assets to increase distributable income and therefore fund distributions; (ii) to maximize the value of its assets through dynamic management of its properties in order to sustain the long-term value of its units; and (iii) to generate cash distributions that are fiscally beneficial to unitholders. BTB offers a distribution reinvestment plan to unitholders whereby the participants may elect to have their monthly cash distribution reinvested in additional units of BTB at a price based on the weighted average price for BTB's Units on the Toronto Stock Exchange for the five trading days immediately preceding the distribution date, discounted by 5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV