VANCOUVER, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - China Gold International Resources Corp. Ltd. (TSX: CGG) (HKEx: 2099) (the "Company" or "China Gold International Resources") reports that the Company and its controlling shareholder China National Gold Group Corporation ("CNG") are fully engaged in assisting the government with rescue work after the landslide occurred in Ze Ri Mountain, Pu Lang Valley, Si Bu Village, Zha Xi Gang Town, Mozhugongka County, Lhasa City, Tibet Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China (the "Site").
The landslide occurred on March 29, 2013 at about 6 a.m. Beijing time. This rescue work is top priority for the Chinese Central Government and the Government of the Tibet Autonomous Region who are heading the on-site emergency rescue. The 83 workers buried in the landslide are employed by 4 external independent contractors engaged by Tibet Huatailong Mining Development Ltd, the Company's wholly-owned subsidiary. The senior management of the Company and CNG, are assisting the rescue operation at the Site. Approximately 10,000 pieces of relief materials, 129 sets of machinery, equipment and vehicles and more than 1,000 experts have been deployed by the Company to the site, immediately after the landslide. CNG has immediately assembled the emergency rescue team which belongs to its subsidiary, the Inner Mongolia Bao Tou Xinda Gold Mining Industry Co., Ltd., and rushed the professional rescue equipment to the disaster site.
About 2 million cubic meters of rock and debris covered an area measuring about 3 kilometers in length. Jiama Mine production facilities are about 10 km away from the geological disaster site. No substantial impact and no damage on Jiama Mine's facilities occurred. The operations are ongoing. While continuing operations, some personnel as well as machinery and equipment have also been mobilized for rescue efforts at the same time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV