SAN FRANCISCO, April 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diamond Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq:DMND) announced today that its Stockton operation received the Green Sustainable Business Award and Certification for leadership in recycling, energy, air and water conservation and recognizing its commitment to environmental stewardship as well as reducing the cost of doing business in Stockton and San Joaquin County.
"We are honored to be recognized by the Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce for our efforts in environmental stewardship," said Steve Zaffarano, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain and General Manager of Walnut Operations for Diamond Foods. "Diamond Foods customers, consumers and growers recognize our unique and on-going commitment to the environment, which we believe helps and encourages others to do their part," said Zaffarano.
Joseph Santos, Production Manager, David Baffoni, Senior Director, Manufacturing and Fred Jacobus, Vice President of Operations accepted the award on behalf of Diamond Foods earlier this month.About Diamond Diamond Foods is an innovative packaged food company focused on building and energizing brands including Kettle Brand® Chips, Emerald® snack nuts, Pop Secret® popcorn, and Diamond of California® nuts. Diamond's products are distributed in a wide range of stores where snacks and culinary nuts are sold. For more information visit our corporate web site: http://www.diamondfoods.com .
CONTACT: Investors: Linda Segre SVP, Corporate Strategy Diamond Foods (415)230-7952 email@example.com Media: Stephen Sibert VP, Corporate Affairs Diamond Foods (415)445-7444 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV