- Richard Harris brings deep operational and sector expertise to the Board
- Jose Gordo appointed SVP of Finance
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. and NETANYA, Israel, April 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- magicJack VocalTec, Ltd. (Nasdaq:CALL) ("MJ"), a cloud communications leader that invented voice over IP (VoIP) technology, today announced that Richard Harris has been named to its Board of Directors and Jose Gordo has been appointed Senior Vice President of Finance.
Mr. Harris brings more than 40 years of financial and operational management experience to the magicJack board and has served on the boards of several companies including Amtrol, Inc. and VoiceVerified, Inc. He also has considerable experience in telecommunications, as he was previously the Chief Financial Officer at Independent Wireless One, the Vice President of Operations, Finance and Administration at Horizon Cellular Telephone Company, and the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Metrophone Cellular Communications Company. In addition, he was the Chief Financial Officer at Nobel Learning Centers; the Controller at Harrah's Atlantic City; and the audit manager at Coopers and Lybrand. Harris is also the founder and president of Harris & Associates, a seventeen-year-old consulting firm specializing in providing financial, operational, and strategic consulting services for start-up and high growth telecommunications and technology companies such as Sprint PCS, Omnipoint Communications, Signal Holdings, Unisite, PCS One, Galaxy Scientific Company, ECI Conference Calling Services, Inc., TelePacific, and Westec Inc. He holds an MBA in Finance from the Wharton School in Philadelphia, a BS in Accounting from the Pennsylvania State University and has a CPA license in Pennsylvania. Harris was also appointed a member of the board's compensation committee.
Mr. Gordo has approximately 20 years of experience in finance, operations, business management, SEC matters and corporate law. He co-founded Southcap Partners, a managing general partnership with investments in medium-sized companies. Previously, Gordo was a Managing Director of a private equity firm and was a partner at the national law firm of Akerman Senterfitt, where he specialized in corporate law matters, advising public and private companies and investment firms on mergers & acquisitions and capital markets transactions. He received a J.D. degree from Georgetown University Law Center and a B.A. degree from the University of Miami.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV