Experian Marketing Services Releases Highly Anticipated Fifth Annual Digital Marketer Report
NEW YORK, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Experian Marketing Services, a leading provider of data, analytics and marketing technologies, today announced the release of the 2013 Digital Marketer Report. Now in its fifth year, this comprehensive industry report remains the go-to resource for key benchmarks, insights and actionable data that marketers rely on to better understand trends that help them put customers at the center of their cross-channel marketing universe.
The latest research and insights from the report indicate that mobile is a significant channel to reach early-adopter millennials since this key segment spends 14 percent more time engaged with their mobile devices in an average week than their generational peers. It's also important to note that among young adults ages 18 to 34, mobile phones now tie with television when it comes to reach, with each platform attaining fully 94 percent of adults in this age group in a given week. Determining who is receiving which message — and via which channel — is key in making every marketing dollar work and in generating the greatest return.
Other key findings from the 2013 Digital Marketer Report include:
- One in five young adults visits Websites from four different devices in a week, as do nearly one-quarter of adults ages 35 to 49.
- Given the multichannel behavior above, it's no surprise that 74 percent of marketers have either coordinated (44 percent) or are in the process of coordinating (30 percent) the experience between online and offline channels.
- During a typical month, smart phone owners ages 18 to 24 send and receive almost 4,000 messages,. With every age bracket moving up, the number of mobile texts drops by roughly 40 percent.
- More than nine in 10 U.S. adults (93 percent) own a mobile phone today, as do approximately three-quarters of teens (73 percent). However, rates have remained relatively stable in the past two years, suggesting that ownership has reached a saturation point.
"Today's marketers face the increasing challenge of a winding 'path to purchase,' requiring strategic engagements with customers across multiple channels and ensuring content is portable across many devices. Additionally, access to evolving consumer insights and actionable data is critical to campaign success," said Matt Seeley, president, Experian Marketing Services. "The 2013 Digital Marketer Report helps marketers understand and adapt to these ongoing changes in the marketplace, providing a comprehensive resource to help them make the most of every customer touch-point and marketing dollar."Experian Marketing Services' 2013 Digital Marketer Report is available via download. For those who would like to hear Experian Marketing Services' data experts discuss the report in greater detail, a series of complimentary Webinars will be hosted and moderated by Ashley Johnston, senior vice president of marketing at Experian Marketing Services:
- Life is the channel, April 2, 1 p.m. Eastern time Did you know that baby boomers account for more than 75 percent of America's net worth? Bill Tancer, general manager of global research, will reveal insights and trends that are important to digital marketers, covering everything from the consumer landscape to key channels, including email, social, mobile, search and more.
- Cross-channel campaign management, April 11, 1 p.m. Eastern time Marcus Tewksbury, vice president of client partnerships, will provide an overview of why we believe 2013 is the year of cross-channel marketing integration. Marketers will learn how to enhance future cross-channel campaigns to better connect with their customers and break down barriers.
- Consumer insights, May 9, 1 p.m. Eastern time Hosted by Heather Dougherty, director of research, this Webinar will explore in greater detail the consumer behaviors that will help marketers better identify their target audience and fully understand customers' needs, wants and preferences.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts