CAW Reaches Tentative Agreement With Dynamex
VANCOUVER, April 2, 2013 /CNW/ - The Canadian Auto Workers Union (CAW) has reached and signed a tentative agreement with Dynamex, a division of Montreal-based transportation conglomerate TransForce Inc. (TFI-T).
CAW Local 114 represents 240 workers at one of the largest bargaining units at Dynamex covering Vancouver and the surrounding areas. The group includes bike couriers and dependent contractor owner operators, providing same day, dedicated, and cartage courier service.
"The CAW pushed hard for a fair deal for the workers at Dynamex in Vancouver," said CAW National Representative Gavin McGarrigle. "Our members were determined to see real gains in their collective agreement, recognizing the challenges and pressures associated with their work. We believe the union has delivered that for them," he said.
The union bargaining committee is unanimously recommending acceptance of the new agreement and ratification meetings are set for this Sunday, April 7.The union had set a strike deadline for 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, April 3, 2013. The strike deadline has been lifted pending ratification of the tentative agreement. The workers at Dynamex voted 77 per cent in favour of strike action on March 11, 2013 and had been without a new contract for more than a year - April 1, 2012. The CAW represents thousands of courier drivers throughout Canada at Transforce including Loomis Express, ICS Courier and TST Overland divisions and also at DHL. SOURCE Canadian Auto Workers Union (CAW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV