Additional Fourth Quarter 2012 and Recent Highlights:
– magicJack earned Frost & Sullivan's 2013 North American Consumers' Choice Award for Overall Best VoIP Service Provider.
– magicJack appointed Gerald T. Vento as President and Chief Executive Officer effective January 1, 2013. In connection with Mr. Vento's appointment, Mr. Donald A. Burns who has served on the Board of Directors since 2010, became chairman of the Board of Directors.
– magicJack announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office granted the Company U.S. Patent No. 8,306,201 for telephone number sharing.
– magicJack announced that RadioShack
awarded magicJack as its Consumer Electronics Vendor of the Year.
– magicJack announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark office (the "PTO") has issued a first office action rejecting all 3 claims for a patent owned by a Company competitor and that is undergoing reexamination at the PTO. The PTO's rejection, which was in response to a reexamination request filed by the Company with the PTO, was based in part on prior art created by the Company's founder.
– magicJack disclosed in its Form 10-K that as of March 31, 2013, there were approximately 18.6 million ordinary shares outstanding.
Quarterly conference call:
magicJack VocalTec will host a conference call today at 5:00 p.m. EST to review the company's financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 and business outlook. To access this call, dial 1-888-609-5704 (United States), or 1-913-312-1236 (international), with conference ID #4629002. A live webcast of the conference call will be accessible from the investor relations page of magicJack VocalTec's website at
and a recording will be archived and accessible at
. A recording of this conference call will also be available through April 16, 2013, by dialing 1-877-870-5176 (United States), or 1-858-384-5517 (international). The recording access code is #4629002.
About magicjack VocalTec Ltd.
magicJack VocalTec Ltd. (Nasdaq:CALL), the inventor of VoIP, including the softphone and magicJack, has the goal of becoming the leading international provider of global voice over many platforms. The Company has achieved sales of more than 10 million of the easy-to-use, award-winning magicJack products since the first device's launch in 2008, and has the use of more than 30 patents, some dating to when the Company invented VoIP. It is the largest-reaching CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) in the United States in terms of area codes available and certification in number of states, and the network has historically had uptime of over 99.99 percent.