NASA TV Briefing Discusses Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer Results
WASHINGTON, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA will hold a news conference at 1:30 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 3, to discuss the first results of the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer (AMS) experiment. AMS is a state-of-the-art cosmic ray particle physics detector located on the exterior of the International Space Station.
The briefing will be held in the James E. Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters at 300 E St. SW in Washington. It will be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's website.
The participants include:-- William Gerstenmaier, NASA associate administrator for Human Exploration and Operations -- Samuel Ting (participating by video link), AMS principal investigator, Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Michael Salamon, U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science program manager for AMS -- Mark Sistilli, NASA AMS program manager Media representatives may ask questions from participating NASA centers or by telephone. To participate by phone, reporters must contact Rachel Kraft at 202-358-1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, April 3. AMS was constructed, tested and operated by an international team of 56 institutes from 16 countries and organized under U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science sponsorship. NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston manages the AMS Integration Project Office. AMS was launched on space shuttle Endeavour on May 16, 2011. Operations on the space station began three days later. AMS continues operations aboard the station today. For NASA TV streaming video, scheduling and downlink information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/ntv For more information about AMS and the International Space Station, visit:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV