Stop The Tax Scam And Save Canada, Say Economists And Analysts
New book, The Great Revenue Robbery, calls for fair tax system
TORONTO, April 2, 2013 /CNW/ - So-called experts say that the benefits of a radical free market agenda will trickle down to regular families. Instead, say contributors to the new book The Great Revenue Robbery: How to Stop the Tax Cut Scam and Save Canada (Between the Lines), Canada is faced with growing inequality and cutbacks as corporate executives are paid millions while exploiting tax loopholes.
Edited by Richard Swift for Canadians for Tax Fairness, " The Great Revenue Robbery mounts a formidable challenge to the Harperite agenda of tax breaks for the corporate elite and austerity for the rest of us," according to Swift.
" The Great Revenue Robbery arrives just in time to boost the wave of public discontent with government austerity policies that are the legacy of tax cuts," says Canadians for Tax Fairness Executive Director Dennis Howlett. "This book will help people understand how we got into the debt and deficit mess and how we can get out of it without sacrificing our quality social programs and the country we love."With contributions from economist Jim Stanford, analyst Trish Hennessy, journalist Murray Dobbin, and more this timely book shows us how smart tax policy can help to rebuild our social programs, reduce the gap between rich and poor, restore environmental responsibility, and revitalize our democracy. Richard Swift is a Toronto-based writer and activist and was a long time editor with New Internationalist magazine. His last book was Gangs (House of Anansi) and he is currently writing on alternatives to capitalism and the politics of the degrowth movement. The mission of Canadians for Tax Fairness promotes a progressive tax system, based on ability to pay, to fund the public services and programs required to meet our social, economic, and environmental needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV