CHICAGO, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ComEd announced today that Bill Whitman, Jr. has joined ComEd as vice president of communications. He is responsible for developing communications strategies and overseeing internal and external communications, brand and advertising activities.
Whitman has more than 30 years of brand-building, public relations, marketing communications and leadership experience, most recently serving as managing director for the U.S. headquarters of global public relations firm Burson-Marsteller. Prior to that, he spent 13 years with McDonald's Corporation, rising to the position of vice president of communications, McDonald's USA. In that role, he served as the chief communications officer, responsible for internal and external communications; media relations; social media; public affairs; stakeholder engagement; and field alignment.
"Bill brings a wealth of brand-building and leadership communications expertise to ComEd, which will be key in helping with our outreach to customers as we build the smart grid," said Anne Pramaggiore, president and CEO, ComEd. "Bill's depth of experience, strong track record and leadership in communications will help position the company for long-term success."Commonwealth Edison Company (ComEd) is a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC), the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with approximately 6.6 million customers. ComEd provides service to approximately 3.8 million customers across northern Illinois, or 70 percent of the state's population.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV