Mitsubishi Motors Reports Best-Ever Month For Outlander Sport Sales In March
CYPRESS, Calif., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported sales of the U.S.-built Outlander Sport achieved a year-over-year sales increase of more than 48 percent in March.
The 2,442 units sold is a record for single-month sales of Outlander Sport and marks the seventh consecutive month of sales increases for the fuel-efficient CUV. The previous high was 2,253 units sold in September 2012.
"Outlander Sport sales got a boost from our release of a limited edition model commemorating 30 years of Mitsubishi sales in the U.S. and 25 years of production in Normal, Illinois," said MMNA President & CEO Yoichi Yokozawa. "But more importantly, consumers are recognizing the unique value in Outlander Sport's combination of fuel-efficiency and features at an attractive price."
Outlander sales were also up, 30 percent for the month compared to the prior year. Overall, Mitsubishi sales were down 26 percent compared to March 2012 due to discontinued models. However, total sales of Mitsubishi models currently in production were up 23 percent.Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, sales and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells cars and light trucks through a network of approximately 400 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com. SOURCE Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV