3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Compass Diversified Holdings Shares of Bene (NYSE: CODI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.10%. Compass Diversified Holdings is a public investment firm specializing in acquiring controlling stakes in small to middle market companies. The firm seeks to make middle market and buyout investments. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Compass Diversified Holdings Shares of Bene a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Compass Diversified Holdings Shares of Bene has been 162,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Compass Diversified Holdings Shares of Bene has a market cap of $766.5 million and is part of the diversified services industry. Shares are up 7.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Compass Diversified Holdings Shares of Bene as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.65, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.04, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- COMPASS DIVERSIFIED HOLDINGS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COMPASS DIVERSIFIED HOLDINGS continued to lose money by earning -$0.05 versus -$0.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.66 versus -$0.05).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Financial Services industry and the overall market, COMPASS DIVERSIFIED HOLDINGS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Compass Diversified Holdings Shares of Bene Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV