Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.00%. Regal Entertainment Group, through its subsidiaries, operates as a motion picture exhibitor in the United States. The company develops, acquires, and operates multi-screen theatres primarily in mid-sized metropolitan markets and suburban growth areas of larger metropolitan markets. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.92. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Regal Entertainment Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Regal Entertainment Group has been 1,275,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Regal Entertainment Group has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the media industry. Shares are up 19.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Regal Entertainment Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RGC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $164.90 million or 24.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.08%.
- The gross profit margin for REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP is rather low; currently it is at 21.80%. Regardless of RGC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.15% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Regal Entertainment Group Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts