HealthSparq Transforms Healthcare By Delivering Innovative Consumer Transparency Solutions To Health Insurers
PORTLAND, Ore., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- HealthSparq, a leading healthcare company that enables online shopping in healthcare, announced today that Colorado's Rocky Mountain Health Plans is the latest health insurer to contract with HealthSparq.
HealthSparq offers software solutions that health insurers can make available on their member self-service websites to empower healthcare shopping. So far the company has contracted with 13 of the nation's largest health plans across 19 U.S. states, which together provide coverage to over 25 million consumers.
"We have taken award-winning, proven solutions and shared them with health plans across the country so their members can easily research and compare cost and quality information before seeking treatment," said HealthSparq's President Scott Decker. "The progressive health plans that contract with us, including Rocky Mountain Health Plans, demonstrate their commitment to ensuring their members have the information they need to make informed healthcare decisions."
Specifically, when health insurance companies partner with HealthSparq they are able to offer the following integrated transparency solutions to their members via a self-service website:
- Provider Search: Similar to online shopping, this tool enables consumers to quickly search, sort and filter for providers by a variety of criteria, and view details relevant to decision making based on what one values.
- Cost Estimators: Provides detailed care options for conditions with out-of-pocket estimates and comparisons for common treatments, visits and services.
- Patient Reviews: Patients can read and write ratings and comments about medical providers in a trusted community. Providers can also respond to patient comments to provide a more complete view of the experience.
- Health and Wellness Community: An award-winning online social network that enables patients and experts to discuss health topics to foster support in achieving wellness goals.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts