Miller Heiman Releases 2013 Study Results On The Best Practices Of World-Class Sales Organizations
RENO, Nev., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Miller Heiman Research Institute released today the results of the tenth annual Miller Heiman Sales Best Practices Study, the largest global study of selling and sales management best practices in complex, business-to-business selling environments.
"Sales leaders have a unique and valuable resource available to them as a result of this study," said Sam Reese, CEO, Miller Heiman. "We conduct this research annually to help sales leaders make more informed decisions about where to focus their time and resources in the pursuit of world-class performance."The study defined an exclusive group who outperformed in customer management activities and organizational efforts such as operations and management execution. Representing less than five percent of the study participants, this group – referred to as World-Class Sales Organizations – outperformed in several key metrics when compared to other study participants including qualified lead volume, new customer acquisition, average account billing, quota achievement, and revenue growth. Miller Heiman's annual study seeks to understand what makes an organization successful from year to year. The latest results came from data collected globally during the fall of 2012 and included more than 1,100 professionals at companies in complex selling environments regarding the sales activities and performance practices in their organizations. "The consistency of the activities we've been studying over the past 10 years, plus our exclusive focus on the complex selling space, is unmatched," said Joe Galvin, Chief Research Officer, Miller Heiman Research Institute. "This data allows us to provide a depth of information that is just not available anywhere else." Three defining attributes of World-Class Sales Organizations emerged from this year's analysis.
- Customer Core: World-Class Sales Organizations have the customer at the core of everything they do.
- Collaborative Culture: World-Class Sales Organizations are able to function as a team.
- Calibrated Success: World-Class Sales Organizations know why they are successful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV