Saddle Creek Named Service Provider Of The Year For Sam's Club
LAKELAND, Fla., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sam's Club, the leading membership warehouse club, recently recognized Saddle Creek Logistics Services as its 2012 Service Provider of the Year, a newly established award.
In presenting the award, Sam's Club recognized Saddle Creek's outstanding performance for a number of key metrics, including:
- Saddle Creek had two facilities rated in the Top 5 Operations Index rankings out of the 22 third-party DCs in the Sam's Club network.
- The start-up of a new facility in Jacksonville was extremely successful as the result of effective planning and execution.
- Saddle Creek also provides excellent transportation services for Sam's Club, including use of its eco-friendly CNG fleet.
"Logistics plays a critical role in our business, and we have high expectations for our third-party partners," said Brien Craft, senior director, Sam's Club DC operations. "Saddle Creek truly has earned the title of Service Provider of the Year. Their exceptional execution, ability to control distribution costs, creative ideas for increasing efficiency, and innovative approach to sustainability are just a few of the reasons why we're pleased to recognize them with this prestigious award.""We are proud of our performance and look forward to continuing to grow with Sam's Club," said Bill Berg, Saddle Creek senior director, dedicated operations. "It is rewarding to work with a company that shares our commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement." Saddle Creek handles the consolidation and distribution of products to Sam's Club stores through integrated cross-dock operations and transportation services. The 3PL now operates four distribution centers for Sam's Club: Lakeland, Fla.; Villa Rica, Ga.; Hattiesburg, Miss.; and Jacksonville, Fla. About Saddle Creek Logistics Services Saddle Creek is a third-party logistics company providing warehousing, transportation, packaging and fulfillment services. We leverage our broad array of capabilities to deliver integrated solutions that support our customers' business objectives. For more information, visit sclogistics.com. Contact:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts