NEW YORK, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Web Hosting, a division of Newtek Business Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: NEWT), The Small Business Authority®, today announced it will now include SmarterMail—a popular, Windows-based email service comparable in features to Microsoft Exchange—as a standard feature on all new Linux Web Hosting plans.
The move is unique in that it packages a Windows email service with a Linux web hosting service in a single offering, and makes Newtek the first large-volume hosting provider to offer SmarterMail as part of a Linux hosting plan.
Newtek CEO Barry Sloane said: "We have recognized the need to enhance our Linux-based offerings to meet market needs and remain a best-of-class hosting company. By adding SmarterMail as part of our Linux-based hosting plans, we feel that we are offering the best-of-breed to designers, developers and resellers. SMB's and independent business owners today are fighting for value and the best technologies to run their business on. Our clients will be getting the cost effectiveness of Linux-based hosting plans with a Cadillac-style email application that we have always offered to our clients."
"SmarterTools is pleased to have a partner like Newtek championing our products and working with us to expand the implementation and integration options available to customers," said Tim Uzzanti, CEO of SmarterTools. "Working together helped SmarterTools build an official add-on for the popular WHMCS management platform – a module that will benefit Newtek and any large-scale Web hosts or ISPs looking to provide a high level of products and services to customers."To learn more about Newtek's cloud-based shared hosting plans, please visit http://webservices.thesba.com/linux-web-hosting/ About Newtek Business Services, Inc. Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Newtek Advantage™ : Mobile real-time operating platform for business intelligence. The Newtek Advantage™ puts all critical business transactions in real-time. Access data on a smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC for eCommerce for credit/ debit transactions, website statistics, payroll, insurance and business loans.
- Electronic Payment Processing : eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending : Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services : Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll : Complete payroll management and processing services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV