Poll: Small Business Owners Favor Immigration Reform With Roadmap To Citizenship
Support roadmap to citizenship for current immigrants by 67%-27%, favor roadmap for future immigrants over worker program with no roadmap by 61%-27%; support holds across party lines
WASHINGTON, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Small business owners across party lines support a roadmap to citizenship for current and future immigrants over reforms without a roadmap to citizenship in a new scientific survey, adding to growing momentum for immigration reform this week.
The live phone survey, polling 515 small business owners nationwide, was released Tuesday by the Main Street Alliance and the American Sustainable Business Council. For more: http://bit.ly/smallbusinesspollimmigration
"Small businesses need immigration reform that creates economy-boosting jobs, strengthens consumer demand on Main Street, and meets the needs of a modern economy. A roadmap to citizenship is the way to achieve that," said David Borris, owner of Hel's Kitchen Catering in Northbrook, Illinois and a leader in the Main Street Alliance network.Richard Eidlin, Director of Public Policy for the American Sustainable Business Council, said, "Small business owners recognize that immigrants contribute to our economy in important ways – as workers, as business owners and job creators, and as a growing economic force that strengthens the small business customer base. A roadmap to citizenship will help to create stronger communities and a stronger economy overall." Key survey findings include that small business owners:
- Support a roadmap to citizenship for current immigrants (67% support – 27% oppose); support holds across party lines.
- Favor a roadmap to citizenship for future immigrants over a temporary worker program with no roadmap (61%-27%); this preference holds across party lines.
- Share multi-faceted views on the importance of immigration reform to the economy. Respondents agreed with statements:
- Highlighting the historical role of immigrant business owners and workers in building strong local economies (82% agree – 14% disagree).
- Emphasizing the potential of immigrant economic integration to strengthen the small business customer base (71%-25%).
- Positing the importance of keeping families together to ensure a productive workforce for small businesses (67%-26%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV