ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- HSN, the leader in multi-channel retail, will launch India Hicks Island Living on April 8 across all of HSN's platforms, including TV, HSN.com and HSN mobile. India Hicks Island Living offers an assortment of bedding, quilts, throws and home decor accents, all representative of India's coastal style.
Celebrated interior designer India Hicks lives with her family on Harbour Island in the Bahamas, which strongly influences her design aesthetic. India Hicks Island Living captures the inspiring seascape, natural charm and incomparable beauty of this tropical paradise.
"This collection celebrates the triumph of natural design that envelops my island life," said India Hicks. "How could I compete with nature? Over the past 12 months I've collected swatches of fabric, small snippets of rope, bleached sand dollars, photographed the colors of our turquoise ocean, sketched palm fronds and dreamt of sleeping on perfect cotton sheets in pastel island colours in order to bring to life my bedding collection – which works as well on a tropical island as it does in a city bedroom."The collection is divided into four groupings: Harbour Island, Paradise Toile, Tropical Garden, and Trade Winds, each based off of a different coastal genre.
- Harbour Island - Transfixed by the sights found at the bottom of the sea bed, India designed the patterns of Harbour Island with formations of shells, composition of coral, and markings in the sand.
- Paradise Toile - Inspired by the exotic gems that one may find in the clearing of a palm forest, Paradise Toile consists of a natural color palette and forest designs.
- Tropical Garden - In cool shades of sage, light pink and beige, the Tropical Garden collection references the jungle that sits outside of India's home.
- Trade Winds – Trade winds have been used by captains of sailing ships to cross the world's oceans for centuries. The hemp borders on this collection are inspired by these tall sailing ships plying the Caribbean, using hemp for rope fenders and coffee sacks.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts