ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.,
April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- HSN, the leader in multi-channel retail, will launch
India Hicks Island Living on
across all of HSN's platforms, including TV,
HSN.com and HSN mobile.
India Hicks Island Living offers an assortment of bedding, quilts, throws and home decor accents,
all representative of India's coastal style.
Celebrated interior designer
India Hicks lives with her family on Harbour Island in the
Bahamas, which strongly influences her design aesthetic.
India Hicks Island Living captures the inspiring seascape, natural charm and incomparable beauty of this tropical paradise.
"This collection celebrates the triumph of natural design that envelops my island life," said
India Hicks. "How could I compete with nature? Over the past 12 months I've collected swatches of fabric, small snippets of rope, bleached sand dollars, photographed the colors of our turquoise ocean, sketched palm fronds and dreamt of sleeping on perfect cotton sheets in pastel island colours in order to bring to life my bedding collection – which works as well on a tropical island as it does in a city bedroom."
The collection is divided into four groupings: Harbour Island, Paradise Toile, Tropical Garden, and Trade Winds, each based off of a different coastal genre.
- Harbour Island - Transfixed by the sights found at the bottom of the sea bed, India designed the patterns of Harbour Island with formations of shells, composition of coral, and markings in the sand.
- Paradise Toile - Inspired by the exotic gems that one may find in the clearing of a palm forest, Paradise Toile consists of a natural color palette and forest designs.
- Tropical Garden - In cool shades of sage, light pink and beige, the Tropical Garden collection references the jungle that sits outside of India's home.
- Trade Winds – Trade winds have been used by captains of sailing ships to cross the world's oceans for centuries. The hemp borders on this collection are inspired by these tall sailing ships plying the Caribbean, using hemp for rope fenders and coffee sacks.
is a fantastic designer and her island vision and coveted designs will be a tremendous addition to our home decor portfolio," said
, Chief Merchandising Officer for HSN. "She offers worldly, sophisticated style through the lens of impeccable British design, which is effortlessly chic with a dash of rebellion. Whether someone wants to add a splash of tropical flare to their existing esthetic or completely redesign an entire room, this collection has something for everyone."
To bring her island philosophy to life, HSN went on location to Harbour Island, the source of inspiration for her collection, to capture the incredible sights, sounds and landscapes of this awe-inspiring locale. For behind-the-scenes photos from the three-day shoot, go to
India Hicks Island Living
on HSN on
. For more information about the
India Hicks Island Living
collection on HSN, please visit
and join in the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
About India Hicks:
TV host, author, entrepreneur and designer,
is possibly best known for the adventure of her and her young family's lives on a tiny out island in The Bahamas, which serves as the inspirational touch point for her "
India Hicks Island Living
" brand of jewelry, accessories, home decor and beauty. India's mission is to offer worldly, sophisticated style through the lens of impeccable British design that is effortlessly chic with a dash of rebellion.
is also born from British and design royalty. She is a cousin to
, was bridesmaid at his wedding to
and is the daughter of famed decorator
for more information.
HSN is a leading interactive multichannel retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts live to 95 million households in the US in HD 24/7 and its website —
- is a top 10 most trafficked e-commerce site, featuring more than 23,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, founded 35 years ago as the first shopping network, is an operating segment of HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSNI). For more information, please visit
, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts