MINNEAPOLIS, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, along with Kohl's Cares ® , today announced the placement of three finalists in the Kohl's Cares and Children's Flu Prevention PSA Video Contest:
First place ($3,000): Eagan High School for "The Flu"Second place ($1,500): Minnehaha Academy for "Flu Break Up"Third place ($1,000): Mahtomedi High School for "Putting Off Homework"
The results of the contest were announced on Children's Facebook page on April 1.New to the contest in 2013, Kohl's Cares ® and Children's gave the public a chance to vote in order to help pick the contest winners. After all the submitted videos passed through a round of voting by Children's staff, patients and volunteers, three videos were chosen to be voted on by the general public. "At Children's, we care for the sickest of the sick, and this year's flu season has been one of the most severe in recent memory, so the messages of prevention are as important as ever," said Patsy Stinchfield, director of pediatric infectious disease at Children's of Minnesota. "Our hope is that this contest has helped to educate and inform young people all across Minnesota about the importance of preventing the flu and that they will take what they've learned and share it with their family and friends." BackgroundSince 2009, Kohl's Cares ® has awarded a yearly grant to Children's of Minnesota to fund the Kohl's Cares and Children's Flu Prevention Project. The project offers flu vaccine clinics and educational assemblies at schools and Kohl's Department Stores around the Twin Cities to teach children and their parents about flu prevention. To date, Children's has received more than $5 million in programmatic support through the generosity of Kohl's Cares ® . The contestIn January, students from all middle and high schools in Minnesota were invited to enter the contest and worked under the supervision of a staff member at their school. The videos were judged by Children's staff, patients and volunteers on the following criteria:
- Accuracy of flu prevention messages, which include:
- Get vaccinated against the flu every year
- Wash your hands
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve, not your hands
- Stay home from work, school or childcare when sick
- The creativity with which students deliver flu prevention messages
- How appealing the video is to middle and high school students
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV