Nevada Senate Oks Repeal Of Mining Tax Protections
"I'm very concerned about taking this out," said Sen. Pete Goicoechea, R-Elko, whose district includes some of the state's largest gold mines.
Sen. Barbara Cegavske, R-Las Vegas, noted $89 million in tax incentives granted to Apple Inc. last year to set up operations in northern Nevada. She said targeting one industry for higher taxes while granting others tax breaks "shows no foresight."
Republican Sen. James Settelmeyer of Minden and Don Gustavson of Sparks also voted against the resolution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV