SUWANEE, Ga., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) today announced that Comcast, the world's largest cable service provider, has enabled IPv6 functionality on its entire ARRIS C4 CMTS footprint, ensuring that Comcast can utilize IPv6 addressing to deliver IP-based services as the available IPv4 address space approaches exhaustion.
"The ability to employ IPv6 across our entire network nationwide is critical to Comcast. Our deployment of IPv6 with the C4 CMTS platform has been smooth and successful," said John Brzozowski, Comcast Fellow and Chief IPv6 Architect. "We appreciate the skill and effort that ARRIS has shown in delivering robust IPv6 solutions."
Operators can choose the manner in which they utilize IPv6 with the C4 CMTS, including cable modem management and dual-stack CPE behind the cable modem. The C4 CMTS supports a broad set of IPv6 features including options for the IPv6 Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP), Prefix Delegation and Prefix Stability, and many others – all of which operate at scale. IPv6 deployment with the C4 CMTS is expanding rapidly worldwide as operators deplete their IPv4 resources including those providing services over cable or DOCSIS ®. No other CMTS platform has a similar level of IPv6 deployment.
"Over the past two years we've worked closely with our customers to plan IPv6 feature support for our C4 CMTS portfolio," said Todd Kessler, ARRIS VP, CMTS Product Management. "We're thrilled to see the success that Comcast has had using our products, first in their IPv6 customer trials, and now across their entire C4 CMTS footprint."Since 1981, IPv4 has been the publicly used Internet Protocol and is currently the foundation for most Internet communications. The exponential growth of the Internet and the traffic it enables has created a need for more addresses, from the billions to the trillions, and IPv6 fills that need.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV